Monday, October 31, 2011

Heritage Halls


Last week, with my Construction Management 105 (CM 105 - Construction Documents) class we toured the new student housing development on campus of the new Heritage Halls (formerly known as "DT" - Deseret Towers, and currently known as the "new DT").

It was very informative and helpful to be inside the building, see the construction process, the equipment, some of the decision making processes, and whatnot.

But I think the best part may just have been the part where we got to wear the bright green construction vests, where the legit BYU construction management hard hats, and the humongous safety glasses. I felt legit, I won't lie. Fun experience, and I learned a lot.

I must say: Organization is key. That project is so organized it's ridiculous. I really hope I can keep learning organization skills: cause I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment